Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How can you tell the difference between PM doll? *fixed links*

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friend just gave me her Samantha-and the hair looks to be a bit cut. I can't rewig or anything like that-I'm not that talented. I was thinking of sending it to the hospital for a new head, however, if it is a PM I don't want to.

    So how can you tell?
    -Jordyn

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 26, 2005 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Starearedkid ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can you post a picture? There are several ways to tell, but it can be hard when you don't see the doll in person.
    PM dolls are thicker in the body, and may have an "artist's mark" behind the right ear. The eyelashes may or may not be soft, and the PM face is fuller, and the hair is thicker and less slick. These are just some of the differences, and they're mostly comparative.
    Also, I'm told it isn't hard to re-wig--you just peel off the old wig, and glue on the new one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can post a picture in a bit [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm sure rewigging isn't hard, I'm just not sure on how to do it-and would prefer not to ruin a really nice doll. I mean, except for the hair bit, she is flawless-no marks or anything on her body.

    *sighs*

    Never give a child scissors with a doll around!

    -Jordyn

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the picture of Samantha. I'm sorry its not that close up. Let me know if it will do in deteriming if she is PM.

    I fixed the link so here it is:

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2121694424

    -Jordyn

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ August 26, 2005 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Starearedkid ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 26, 2005 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Starearedkid ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jordyn,

    the links don't work [img]frown.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She deffinitly looks like PM from the first pic. Quite old PM, I'd guess. It looks like she has no coloring, but she's still pretty.

    And, honestly, from the one pic, it doesn't even look like her hair was cut. Samantha's hair is quite layered, to give the curls more body. Deffinitly doesn't look like it was cut to me.

    Can you take a few more pics, with her hair out of the ponytail and some close ups?

    I wouldn't send her in, just give her some color, she'd be beautiful! Congrats!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I put up other pictures as well. Thank you for your help. I mean she is lovely-and my friend saved a lot of things. The only dress that actually has stains on it is the sailor outfit, just because that was what she was stored in.

    She also gave me the tea dress (missing the removable piece) but it came with her ribbon.

    Her play outfit.

    The summer outfit with hat.

    I also have shoes, unopened socks and hair ribbons.

    Another question though, if I buy any new outfits for Samantha, will they fit this old one? I've heard that some outfits are tight on the older ones.

    -Jordyn

  8. #8
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She looks PM to me, too, but I could tell more if she were undressed. How about the Pleasant Company mark on her neck? Is the "c" before or on top of the "P" in Pleasant Company? Are the letters large and slightly uneven, or smaller and "typed" looking?
    Also, if her wig sits fairly low toward the back of her head, it could be covering up an artist's mark; but DON'T try peeling it back to see!
    Anyway, this doll doesn't look like she needs re-wigging--I'd keep and enjoy her just the way she is! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I just looked at her picture again--her hair is in terrific shape--What a beautiful doll, and what a generous friend you have, to give her to you!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 27, 2005 11:23 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The hair color appears similar to my PM Samantha. I agree with everyone else who says not to rewig her, her hair is in fine shape.

    Early Samantha's have less hair than late 90s anc current ones. . .it's also a lighter color. If you've seen a recent Samantha I can see how you might think this one has wig problems. She doesn't. From the pics, this look like an exquisite late 80s early 90's Samantha.

    Newer Samantha's look like different dolls to me! Hair color is so dark, so much hair, different skin tone . . . etc. This one looks like my doll.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She does look like a different doll! More like Samantha's sister then the new Samantha. (Which is the one that I have always seen). I've never seen an older Samantha until now. I love her so much-she really is a beautiful doll!

    -Jordyn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •